Trusted Worcester Equal Pay Violation Attorneys Ready To Fight For You
Equal pay for equal work: it’s only fair. However, all too often, employees discover that they are being paid less than their coworkers because of their gender.
Even though Massachusetts was the first state in the U.S. to adopt an equal pay law in 1945, a serious gender pay gap still exists. For instance, women in Massachusetts earn about 83 cents for every dollar earned by men. The Massachusetts Equal Pay Act is designed to protect employees from gender-based pay discrimination. The Equal Pay Act requires equal pay for comparable work – in other words, jobs that require similar skills, effort, and responsibility and are performed under similar working conditions.
Under the Massachusetts Equal Pay Act, employers:
- May not discriminate in employee salaries or wages based on gender
- May not prohibit employees from talking to their coworkers about their wages or benefits;
- May not ask about a job applicant’s salary or benefits history before making a job offer that includes the applicant’s terms of compensation;
- May not reduce an employee’s seniority due to pregnancy or protected parental, family, and medical leave; and
- May not fire or otherwise retaliate against an employee for making a complaint about unequal pay practices or exercising their rights under the Equal Pay Act
Reach Out To Proven Worcester Equal Pay Violations Attorneys Today
If you believe that you have been paid less than you are due based on your gender, contact our Worcester equal pay violations attorney to explore your legal options. You deserve equal pay for equal work, and our skilled Worcester equal pay violations lawyer will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
The dedicated legal team of MA Employment Lawyers also handles clients with other types of cases such as discrimination, retaliation, wage violation, and harassment. Contact us online or call us for a free consultation and let us get to work for you.